Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year

Happy New Year! It's been several years since I've seen the new year in, and this one was no exception. Only made it until 11:00. Why ruin the first day of a perfectly good year by being sleepy all day?

I'm a big believer in New Year's Resolutions. Undoubtedly we should make changes whenever we see the need, but I like the idea of a fresh start. It's remarkable, really. Not much has changed in the past 24 hours; it's only new on the calendar, but there is something about the FIRST day of a year that makes me hopeful I can intentionally make some positive changes.

It can be a downer though, when we fail to reach those resolutions. So this year I am aiming low: My goal is to become more impatient and to gain 20 lbs. It's going to be a great year!

****

Here are my BCS predictions:

Rose: USC over Penn State
Sugar: Alabama over Utah
Fiesta: Texas over Ohio State
Orange: Who cares. Cincinnati vs. Virginia Tech?? Bet the Orange Bowl folks are excited about this one.

And the big one: Oklahoma over Florida. Two high octane offenses, but I think OU's defense will fare better than UF's. Plus being an FSU man, I just can't bring myself to pick the Gators.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up, Tim. Aim low. Gotta love it. I have resolved to not intentionally kill or maim anyone. So far, so good.

    Glad to see you blogging! Loved the pic of the Victrola, I mean, record player!

    ReplyDelete