Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Day

I grew up in the segregated South. In the town where we lived during my childhood, there literally was a train track that separated white from black. I grew up in a racist environment and those seeds were planted.

In the 90's, I preached for a racially diverse church in Tallahassee, FL. It was about 70% white, 30% black. Although most of the racism had previously been extracted from my heart by several years of walking with Jesus, it was at that church that I first began to have deeper relationships with people whose skin was a different color than my own. What a blessing it was.

So on this historic day, I join with so many others in our nation in celebrating how far we have come toward being one as a nation. I don't agree with everything that our president wants to do (honestly, I have even more disagreements with the one who is leaving), but I support him as our nations leader.

2 comments:

  1. Good post, brother. I support our new President also!

    DU

    ReplyDelete