Monday, January 12, 2009

New Season of 24

I thought the first two hours of day seven of 24 were pretty good. Looking forward to the next two hours tonight. I hope they can keep the same storyline for the entire 24 hours. Last year I felt they switched stories on us after about 18 hours.

I'm betting the engineer who is helping the terrorists gets knocked off. What is it with those characters? They always think if they help the terrorists they will be allowed to live, but that never happens. Don't they watch these kinds of shows?

* * * *

I want to recommend the Jan 10 post on my friend Steve Holt's blog. You can find it here. I think this particular post will resonate with many, especially those of us who have backgrounds in conservative churches of Christ. To be fair, I believe, and I think Steve would agree, that there are some positive contributions from our heritage, but there was also a lot of baggage. I'm thankful that for many of us, we are leaving a different legacy for our children.

Steve and I were on staff together at the White Station Church in Memphis for a short time, but before that we met weekly for breakfast and encouragement for about two years, along with John Redden.

I would encourage you to become a regular reader. When I read many of Steve's posts I think of the words of Rod Tidwell, played by Cuba Gooding, to his radical younger brother in Jerry McGuire: "You're militant my brother..., but I got nothin' but love for you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment