Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The "Feminine" Aspect of God

Here are a couple of interesting links that I recently saw on some friends' websites. The first one is from Lara Noah's blog. This was her post for the quarter. (C'mon Lara, do more writing in ALL that spare time you have.) Lara actually has the YouTube video on her blog, but the best I could do was provide it in the form of this link. It is a preview from a Nooma video titled "She." I have not seen the entire video but would like to.

For those of you not familiar with Nooma, it is a series of thought provoking videos by Rob Bell, a thoroughly postmodern (in the best sense of the word) pastor/theologian. I'm not sure if he is more watched by those who love him or those who think he is a heretic. Personally, I benefit from hearing his perspectives.

Along the same lines of Bell's video, here is another link to the idea of God portrayed as an African/American female by William Young in his very popular book, The Shack. This link is to John Mark Hicks' blog: click here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm just coming up for air and saw I got a mention on your blog. How humbling. :)

    While studying The Secret Message of Jesus, we've been talking about the feminine aspect of God in my Sun a.m. class and the outdatedness of the Kingdom metaphor--especially in America today. It's been quite an interesting discussion.

    I like leaving class still thinking. :)

    ReplyDelete